EF-S10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
A must-have lens for entry-level users, with a range equivalent to 16-29mm zoom (35mm equivalent), the lens is capable of taking great landscape photos, and its exaggerated perspective can also be creatively used to take some highly dramatic pictures that cannot be recreated with other types of lenses.
The superb image quality comes from the use of aspheric lenses and a UD lens, which provides consistently sharp details and focus from the central viewing area to the peripheral areas. These materials have also resulted in a compact lens, approximately 20 percent smaller and 38 percent lighter than the existing EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens and even shorter in length than the EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens. Casual users who do not want to carry a lot of equipment will be pleased with this lens’ compact portability.
- Focal length and maximum aperture : 10-18 mm 1:4.5-5.6
- Lens construction :14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal angle of view : 107°30′ – 74°20′
- Focus adjustment : Rear focus system
- Closest focusing distance : 0.22 m/0.72 ft., 0.15 x magnification
- Filter size : 67 mm
- Max. diameter x length, weight : ø 74.6 x 72 mm, 240 g/ 2.9″ x 2.8″, 8.5 oz.
- Exclusive for APS-C models, Equipped with IS
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||107°30′ ~ 74°20′|
|Angle of View (Horizontal)||97°10′ ~ 64°30′|
|Angle of View (Vertical)||74°10′ ~ 45°30′|
|Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft)||0.22/0.72|
|Construction (groups elements)||11-14|
|Diameter x Length (mm) (Max.)||74.6 x 72|
|Drive System||Stepping Motor-driven lead screw + rack system|
|Filter Size (mm)||67|
|Max. Magnification (x)||0.15|
|No. of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Anti-dust and Moisture||Not Supported|
|Weight (g) (Approx.)||240|