EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
A medium telephoto macro lens offering excellent picture quality and close-up magnification up to life size (1:1). Optimizing the optical power distribution reduces spherical aberration fluctuation during close-up photography, delivering constant high picture quality over all focusing distance. The inner focusing system makes the working distance (the distance from the lens to the subject) 149mm during life-size photography – twice the distance of the 50mm macro lens.
Convenient operability is achieved with the easy full-time manual focus ideal for subtle adjustments of the focus position (a task in macro photography and the non-rotating front lens element. If the optional ring-type tripod mount B (B) (with an adapter for the EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM) is used, switching between vertical and horizontal compositions without affecting the optical axis is a simple matter.
- Focal length and maximum aperture : 100 mm 1:2.8
- Lens construction : 12 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal angle of view : 24°
- Focus adjustment : Ring-type USM, inner focusing system, full-time manual focus
- Closest focusing distance : 0.31 m/ 1 ft., 1 x magnification
- Filter size : 58 mm
- Max. diameter x length, weight : ø 78.6 x 118.6 mm, 580 g/ 3.1” x 4.7”, 1.3 lbs.
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||24°|
|Angle of View (Horizontal)||20°|
|Angle of View (Vertical)||14°|
|Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft)||0.31/1.0|
|Construction (groups elements)||8-12|
|Diameter x Length (mm) (Max.)||78.6 x 118.6|
|Drive System||Ring-type USM|
|Filter Size (mm)||58|
|Max. Magnification (x)||1|
|No. of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Anti-dust and Moisture||Not Supported|
|Weight (g) (Approx.)||580|