EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
This 180mm telephoto macro lens is capable of close-ups up to 1x. It is ideal for photographing insects and small animals, where a long working distance is desirable. The focusing range can easily be switched between 0.48m/1.6ft. to infinity and 1.5m/4.9ft. to infinity. Use of three UD elements effectively corrects secondary spectrum.
Employing an internal floating construction ensures sharp delineation at all subject distances. Since the length of the lens does not change when focusing, there is no need to worry about the lens coming in contact with the subject. The ring-type USM delivers quiet autofocusing. Full-time manual focus is also available. Maximum magnification can be raised to either 1.4x or 2x by using Extender EF 1.4x II or 2x II.
- Focal length and maximum aperture : 180 mm 1:3.5
- Lens construction : 14 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view : 13° 40’
- Focus adjustment : Ring-type USM, inner focusing system, full-time manual focus
- Closest focusing distance : 0.48 m/ 1.6 ft., 1 x magnification
- Filter size : 72 mm
- Max. diameter x length, weight : ø 82.5 x 186.6 mm, 1,090 g/ 3.3” x 7.4”, 2.4 lbs.
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||13°40’|
|Angle of View (Horizontal)||11°25’|
|Angle of View (Vertical)||7°40’|
|Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft)||0.45/1.5|
|Construction (groups elements)||12-14|
|Diameter x Length (mm) (Max.)||82.5 x 186.6|
|Drive System||Ring-type USM|
|Filter Size (mm)||72|
|Max. Magnification (x)||1|
|No. of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Anti-dust and Moisture||Not Supported|
|Weight (g) (Approx.)||1090|