The widest tilt-shift lens in Canon’s lineup, the new TS-E 17mm f/4L lens expands shooting possibilities exponentially on EOS Digital cameras. Designed with UD glass to minimize and compensate for chromatic aberrations, with a specially coated aspherical element for the highest possible glare-free image quality, this tilt-shift lens offers a diagonal angle of view of 104° on a full-frame SLR camera. New TS rotation lets users freely combine tilting and shifting within the range of +/- 90° in the direction of movement. The lens also has an improved tilt & shift knob with an enhanced range of movement of up to +/- 6.5° and 12mm respectively, with a revolving function for better operability. It uses a circular aperture for beautiful out-of-focus areas and has an SWC lens coating to control ghosting and flare to a far greater degree than with earlier coating technologies.
- Focal length and maximum aperture : 17 mm 1:4
- Lens construction : 18 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view : 104°
- Image circle diameter: 67.2 mm
- Tilt/shift amount : ±6.5°/±12 mm
- TS revolving system rotation angle : ±90°.
- Focus adjustment : Manual focus with a rear focusing system
- Closest focusing distance : 0.25 m/ 9.8 “, 0.14 x magnification
- Filter size : Filters not supported
- Max. diameter x length, weight : ø 88.9 x 106.7 mm, 820 g/ 3.5″ x 4.2″, 1.8 lbs.
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||104°|
|Angle of View (Horizontal)||93°|
|Angle of View (Vertical)||70° 30’|
|Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft)||0.25/0.82|
|Construction (groups elements)||12-18|
|Diameter x Length (mm) (Max.)||88.9 x 106.7|
|Filter Size (mm)||–|
|Max. Magnification (x)||0.14|
|No. of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Anti-dust and Moisture||Not Supported|
|Weight (g) (Approx.)||820|