This NiSi V5 Pro 100mm Filter Holder Kit allows for the convenient use of up to three separately-available, 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters along with an included circular polarizer. This kit comes fully assembled and features an aluminum-alloy filter holder that is pre-installed with three pairs of plastic filter slots, a configuration that accommodates three rectangular filters. Each slot is designed to grip an installed filter only along the surface of the filter’s edges. Contact with a filter’s front or rear-facing surfaces is avoided, particularly when using graduated filters whose effect can be adjusted to better suit changing lighting conditions or creative demands by sliding them up or down within a filter slot.
Use of the NiSi V5 Pro 100mm Filter Holder Kit can be easily accomplished by first screwing the included 82mm adapter ring onto a lens with 82mm front filter threads. Step-up rings are included to allow the adapter ring to be used with lenses that have 67mm, 72mm, or 77mm front filter threads; while additional step-up rings are separately available for lenses with 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, or 62mm front filter threads. After being fitted onto the adapter ring, the filter holder’s pull-and-release locking lever helps to provide a reliable connection that allows the holder to be rotated 360°, further benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning.
Together, the 82mm adapter ring and filter holder also accommodate the included NiSi 86mm circular polarizer filter while allowing that filter’s edges to be easily gripped for convenient installation or removal. When combined with the filter holder and the adapter ring, as well as an optional step-up ring, the polarizer filter can be rotated to adjust its effect. In such instances, an external dial on the adapter ring allows for the independent rotation of the circular polarizer.
Adapter rings for lenses with 86mm or 95mm front filter threads are also separately available. The combination of either of those adapter rings with the filter holder cannot accommodate a NiSi 86mm circular polarizer filter; however a polarization effect can instead be obtained by placing a separately available, 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick polarizer filter between one pair of the filter holder’s slots.
- Durable aluminum-alloy filter holder provides three pairs of filter slots, a configuration that accommodates up to three, separately-available 100mm-wide, 2mm-thick filters
- Each slot is designed to grip an installed filter only along the surface of the filter’s edges, avoiding contact with a filter’s front or rear-facing surfaces
- Use of the filter holder can be easily accomplished by first screwing the included 82mm adapter ring onto a lens with 82mm front filter threads
- Included step-up rings allow 82mm adapter ring to be used with lenses that have 67mm, 72mm, or 77mm front filter threads
- Additional step-up rings are separately available for lenses with 49mm, 52mm, 58mm, or 62mm front filter threads
- Pull-and-release locking lever on filter holder allows for a reliable connection to the 82mm adapter ring which allows the holder to be rotated 360°
- 82mm adapter ring accommodates included NiSi 86mm circular polarizer filter and allows it to rotate for adjustment of its effect
- When combined, filter holder and 82mm adapter ring allow for easy installation or removal of the circular polarizer
- Additional adapter rings are separately available for lenses with 86mm or 95mm front filter threads
- Leatherette pouch included for storage and transport
|Material||Filter Holder : Aluminum-alloy
Filter Holder Slots : Plastic
Adapter Ring : Aluminum-alloy
Step-Up Rings : Aluminum-alloy
Circular Polarizer Filter : Optical glass with aluminum-alloy filter ring
Storage Pouch : Leatherette
|Compatibility||Filter Holder : Accepts up to three 100mm-wide rectangular filters up to 2mm-thick
Filter Holder and Adapter Ring : Accepts up to three 100mm-wide rectangular filters up to 2mm-thick and included NiSi 86mm circular polarizer filter
Adapter Ring : Connects filter holder to lenses with 82mm front filter threads
Step-Up Rings : Connects adapter ring to lenses with 67, 72, or 77mm front filter threads