Optical SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode
Advanced image stabilisation keeps footage blur-free, even when the recording circumstances or the user’s hands are shaky.
Up to 26.8mm wide-angle lens
Whether you’re shooting movies or still images, the class-leading wide angle lens can help you capture more of landscapes shots and indoor scenes, when you don’t have enough room to step back. Even without a wide conversion lens, selected camcorders shoot as wide as 26.8mm (16:9 aspect ratio) in movie mode.
Exceptional image quality
The high-bitrate XAVC S format is for videographers ready to take their work to the next level. Delivering incredible quality, XAVC S is built from the XAVC format used by professional filmmakers and broadcasters, while employing intelligent data compression to export consumer-friendly file sizes.
Highlight Movie Maker
A versatile tool to streamline movie editing, Highlight Movie Maker offers several time-saving features. Add highlight markers to key moments while recording, and let the software automatically sync your transitions to your chosen soundtrack.
Motion Shot Video
Motion Shot Video plays a sequence of superimposed images that trace recorded action in split-second intervals for you to analyse in detail. During playback, you can adjust the interval, or pause to capture and share a still image.
Built-in USB cable
The built-in USB cable stowed in the hand strap is very convenient for extra-quick charging and connection to a PC, so there is no need to pack a bulky extra USB cable or AC adapter. For charging without a PC, use a compact AC-USB adapter (optional).
Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
This large, cutting-edge sensor enhances image clarity, reduces noise in dark environments, and enables soft background defocusing.
BIONZ X™ image processor
The advanced BIONZ X™ image processing engine helps achieve more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality as well as faster processing capabilities.
Sharing a commitment to outstanding performance and design, Sony and Carl Zeiss co-develop lenses that combine the best possible optics with premium-quality electronics and sensor technology for Sony’s Handycam® models.
9.2MP still image capture
Sometimes you don’t need — or want — video. Put your video camera in still image mode and capture amazing high-quality 9.2-megapixel single images as easily as you do with a still image camera.
Clear movies, that contain twice the image data of movies recorded in interlace mode, can be recorded in Full HD at 60p/50p in progressive recording mode. The images are as smooth as those shot at 60/50 frames per second, and each frame is recorded as one full picture. So a still captured from a movie recorded in progressive mode looks extra-sharp.
Dual Video Recording
Record two movies at the same time — one in the maximum-quality XAVC S or AVCHD format and another in MP4 format. That way you’ve got a small file ready for instant sharing, plus a professional-grade file for further editing.
Dual Record mode
Dual Record mode enables you to shoot HD video and high-resolution still images simultaneously to capture the best shot in both ways.
This feature automatically determines the type of scene being shot and optimises a combination of settings from three groups (Face, Scene, Camera shake). It provides the best results for 90 scene types, even at night and in backlit scenes. Selected settings are displayed as icons on the LCD screen for easy reference.
This automatically optimises focus, exposure, and colour for best results. Select someone to be prioritised simply by touching their face on the LCD display, which is useful for selecting a key person when shooting at a crowded event. Even if the subject leaves the frame, they will be remembered and prioritised upon re-entering the scene.
Because great smiles are fleeting, this feature ensures they’re never lost. Automatically capture snapshots of smiling faces, even while recording video.
For easy browsing and playback, this Handycam® plays back GUI group videos and still images that have been recorded as separate events. You can choose from different display schemes from event view or index view as needed, for better organisation, searching, viewing, and sharing of your personal content.
Give free reign to your imagination. Picture Effect expands movie and photo enjoyment by letting you add up to seven creative effects (Partial Color, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization) without troublesome editing on a computer.
Manual settings for iris and shutter speed
This camcorder gives you freedom to choose manual settings for iris and shutter speed control when shooting under backlit and underexposed conditions, as well as in other situations.
Dual memory card compatibility
This Handycam® has slots for Memory Stick Micro™ and Micro SD/SDHC cards, so you can conveniently record to whichever one is more readily available.
With PlayMemories™ Home software installed on a computer, it’s easy to import footage from a Handycam® camcorder to view, edit, print, share via the web, burn files on to a disc, and even create a multi-view movie with a simultaneous split-screen view of up to four selected clips.
X type battery operation
Use an extra-light, extra-compact X type battery to minimise the overall size and weight of this Handycam® in operation.
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1/5.8 type(3.1mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (VIDEO)
- Approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)
- EFFECTIVE PIXELS (STILL IMAGE)
- Approx.2.29 Megapixels(16:9)/approx.1.71 Megapixels(4:3)
- IMAGE PROCESSOR
- BIONZ X image processor
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS Vario-Tessar
- LENS COVER
- FOCAL DISTANCE
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (VIDEO)
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM EQUIVALENT) (STILL IMAGE)
- F=26.8-804.0mm(16:9), f=32.8-984.0mm(4:3)
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE
- Approx.1cm(Wide) , approx.80cm(Tele), approx.13/32inch(Wide), approx.31 1/2(Tele)
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM
- DIGITAL ZOOM
- SCREEN TYPE
- 6.7cm(2.7 type) Clear Photo LCD display (230 400 dots) Wide(16:9)
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- MARKER/GRID DISPLAY
- Grid Line
- ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
- Opening Angle:max.90 deg., Turning Angle:max.270 deg.
- IMAGE STABILISATION TYPE
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Intelligent Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast AF
- FOCUS MODE
- FOCUS AREA
- Full range Focus
- Auto, Manual(Menu)
- METERING MODES
- LOW LUX MODE
- AUTO IRIS CONTROL
- F1.8 – F10
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL
- F1.8 – F10
- BACKLIGHT COMPENSATION
- GAIN CONTROL
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION
- Standard:6 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed), Low Lux:3 lux(1/25 Shutter Speed), Standard:6 lux(1/30 Shutter Speed), Low Lux:3 lux(1/30 Shutter Speed)
- AUTO CONTROL RANGE
- 1/6 – 1/10000, 1/8-1/10000
- 1/25 – 1/10000, 1/30-1/10000
- MANUAL IRIS CONTROL (PHOTO MODE)
- 1/25 – 1/10000, 1/30-1/10000
- MANUAL SHUTTER
- 1/6 – 1/10000, 1/8-1/10000
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- MEDIA TYPE
- XAVC S HD: Micro SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- RECORDING FORMAT (VIDEO)
- AVCHD format ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S format MPEG4-AVC/H264
- VIDEO RESOLUTION
- AVCHD: 1920×1080/50p(PS), 50i(FX, FH), 1440×1080/50i(HQ, LP), MP4: 1280×720 25p, XAVC S HD: 1920×1080/50p, 25p, AVCHD: 1920×1080/60p(PS), 60i(FX, FH), 1440×1080/60i(HQ, LP), MP4: 1280×720 30p, XAVC S HD: 1920×1080/60p, 30p
- VIDEO RECORDING RATE (ABR / VBR)
- AVCHD PS:approx.28Mbps/FX:approx.24Mbps/FH:approx.17Mbps/HQ:approx.9Mbps/LP:approx.5Mbps, MP4: approx.3Mbps, XAVC S HD: approx.50Mbps
- RECORDING FORMAT (STILL IMAGE)
- JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO MODE)
- L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), 6.9 Megapixels 4:3 (3024×2272), S: 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080), 0.3 Megapixels 4:3 (640×480)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (MOVIE MODE)
- L:9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), S:2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (PHOTO CAPTURE)
- 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- STILL IMAGE SIZE (DUAL RECORD)
- 9.2 Megapixels 16:9 (4032×2272), 2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920×1080)
- Built-in Zoom Microphone
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT
- Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit)
- MIC LEVEL CONTROL
- Monaural Speaker
- SCENE SELECTION
- Auto/Night Scene/Sunrise & Sunset/Fireworks/Landscape/Portrait/Spotlight/Beach/Snow
- OTHER FEATURES
- Face Detection, Fader Effect(s)(White/Black), Intelligent Auto(Portrait/Baby/Walk/Tripod/Backlight/Landscape/Spotlight/Twilight/Macro/Low light), Smile Shutter(Off/Dual Capture/Always On)
- FAST PLAYBACK
- About 5 times/10 times/30 times/60 times
- SLOW PLAYBACK
- Forwad:1/5 speed, Reverse:1/2 speed
- HIGHLIGHT MOVIE MAKER
- Yes, Highlight BGM(Preinstalled 6 music files, Music transfer compatible
- MOTION SHOT VIDEO
- SLIDE SHOW (STILL IMAGE)
- Slide Show
Terminal / Shoe
- HDMI TERMINAL
- Yes (HDMI micro)
- REMOTE TERMINAL
- integrated into Multi Terminal
- STD OUTPUT
- Composite Video Out(AV CABLE(sold separately))
- MEMORY CARD SLOT
- Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- BATTERY TYPE
- POWER CONSUMPTION (LCD)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS
- 3.6V (battery pack), 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- CHARGE ON CAMCORDER(CHARGING TIME WITH SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Yes(approx. 2h 35min)
- USB CHARGING
- DC 5V 800mA
- USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes(Recording/Playback(supplied AC Adaptor AC-UUD11))/(Playback(not supplied AC Adaptor limiting 500mA))
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- approx. 54.0mm(W)×59.5mm(H)×128.0mm(D), approx. 2 1/4 inch(W) ×2 3/8 inch(H) ×5 1/8 inch(D)
- WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY)
- approx.190g, approx.6.7oz
- WEIGHT (INCLUDING SUPPLIED BATTERY)
- Approx.215g(NP-BX1), approx.7.6oz(NP-BX1)